Dr Williams's Library
Dr Williams's Library in Gordon Square, WC1H is a Grade 2 listed load-bearing masonry building built in 1848, designed as a University Hall to provide accommodation for students and tutors, and includes a lecture hall and library. In 1890 it was acquired by Dr Williams’s Library and has been in use as a library ever since, although it has undergone various alterations over the years.
Corbett & Tasker are working as the Structural Engineers, carrying out and commissioning visual and intrusive surveys of the structure to inform the Library’s Trustees regarding the structure’s ability to support book storage. In addition, we are designing strengthening works to increase the structural capacity of the floors and supporting structure, to enable additional book storage and allow rolling stack units to be installed.
Working with: Dr Williams’s Library